Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas morning with the Fackrells. We all crashed at Dan's place after the Christmas Eve party at his Grandparent's house. They do things a little bit different than my family... for example, we didn't even get up until 9 or 10. Unheard of in my house! haha, ok more like it's unheard of for me. And then... we didn't open presents until after breakfast! Which took hours it seemed like. But actually it was a very nice and relaxing morning so I am not complaining. It was definitely a first for me though. I usually wake up around 3am on Christmas morning :) haha

Kalee, Sister Fackrell and I made breakfast while the boys played with the train set.


I didn't have enough wrapping paper for Dan's present... because he used it all for other presents. ;) so I improvised with my quilt. It was a lot prettier than that but then the boys moved it so they could set up the train.


Our lovely breakfast of flour-free pancakes, eggs and hot chocoloate. The pancakes actually weren't too bad - they tasted more like crepes once we topped them with peaches and whipped cream. This breakfast was totally thrown together with whatever Kalee and I could find in our kitchen and in Dan's kitchen... ok mostly our kitchen.




It started raining and then it turned into sleet or something a lot heavier... it was crazy cuz it kinda looked like snow at one point. And this other picture is of Jordy and Mazy. Mazy is the bridge for the train, just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

shannen said...

Wow, that doesn't sound like the typical Fackrell Christmas mornings that I remember. Usually Jordan woke us all up at 4am-ish. Sounds like things have gotten a little slower through the years in the Fackrell household. Thank you for taking pictures since we weren't able to be there in person!